Friday, November 18, 2011

Soundtracks

I know I'm not alone in this, but whenever I'm deep into a story I need the music to accompany it.  For Blessed Among Women I have no fewer than seven soundtracks (my husband made five--he's way more knowledgeable about current music than I am).  Some of them are general, some are geared toward specific characters, but all of them helped me to flesh out certain things and expand.

Sample of songs on Blessed soundtracks:
"There Is No Rose of Such Virtue", Sting
"Gotta Have You", The Weepies
"Only You", Joshua Radin
"My Body Is a Cage", Peter Gabriel (cover)
"Skinny Love", Bon Iver
"99 Problems" (no, really), Hugo (cover)
"The Scientist", Willie Nelson (cover)
"Scarborough Fair", Simon and Garfunkel
"Possession", Sarah McLachlan
"Fear", Sarah McLachlan
"King of May", Natalie Merchant
"Mess", Ben Folds Five
"Worn Me Down", Rachel Yamagata

There's much more obviously, so as I continue to work with Blessed I'll post more.

No comments:

Post a Comment